At Cognizant, we are dedicated to helping the worlds leading companies build stronger businesses - helping them go from doing digital to being digital.
In Poland, our offices are located in Gdańsk, Wroclaw, and Kraków. With the capacity to support various clients, we offer a world of opportunities for both professionals and graduates. You can expect five-star training, a chance to realize your career goals, and a range of benefits. Be Cognizant!
Position is expected to perform a variety of databases-related activities and ensure that it aligns with all relevant company regulations and laws. This role includes managing, monitoring, and maintaining company databases as well as cooperating with other IT team members to provide a stable IT environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a global organization focused on development,
- Open-minded and multinational environment,
- Professional development and clear career path,
- Training & development opportunities,
- Employee volunteering programs and opportunities,
- Employee referral program in place,
- Extensive benefits package: Multisport Card, LuxMed medical healthcare including dental care, life insurance, cafeteria benefits.
- Installing and maintaining the MSSQL and PostgreSQL database software,
- Creating storage database structures with high-level security features,
- Altering storage structures to meet the evolving needs of the company,
- Setting up database user accounts,
- Training users on how to access the information in the database,
- Finding and debugging malfunctioning programs affecting the database integrity,
- Creating database backups and managing it,
- Regularly updating the database security protocols,
- Configuring high availability database instances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
- Proven work experience as a Database Administrator;
- Experience SQL data replication;
- Experience in SQL queries and index finetuning,
- Knowledge in supporting database in cloud environment (data base as service);
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in supporting enterprise environment.