For our new project we are looking for a experienced Oracle DBA candidate who will be responsible for
day-to-day support/maintenance of the DB infrastructure.
The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams Unix and Storage.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identify root cause.
- Perform maintenance activities on the infrastructure during regular planned dates and during scheduled major maintenance weekends
- Partner with peer operations team, Storage, Networks, Unix and application support during production problems and on assigned projects as required
- Perform above tasks while at the same time adhering to project policies around incident, problem and change management and best practices
- Exposure to work in a Critical and Complex Environment.
- Database Life Cycle management project – Deployment,
- Configuration, Migration and Decommission.
- End to End Planning, co-ordination and execution of the projects individually as per the timelines.
- Data Center knowledge with respect to set up of new RAC, Data Guard, backups and DR tests.
- Experience in handling multi-terabyte databases on various Oracle version 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c over different OS platforms (mainly Solaris and Linux).
- Experience in using RMAN (Full, incremental and archive backups), clone methodology (normal/duplicate), refresh using RMAN and good knowledge of using DISK and TAPE level backups.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting standby databases. Mandatory to have worked on Data Guard setup to do switchover, failover operations.
- Working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Streams.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Oracle RAC (single node, multi-node).
- Working knowledge in using GRID control to manage large databases.
- Experience in troubleshooting production database performance issues, long running jobs.
- Experience in query tuning, Optimizer concepts, knowledge of statistics, plan basics and advisor knowledge.
- Experience in using EXP and DATAPUMP technology to do the schema/table/database refreshes.
- Experience in scripting (Shell, Perl, etc) and Unix environments
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization with rreproachable reputation.
- A role that provides you progress both professionally and personally.
- Open-minded and multinational environment.
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere.
- Professional development and clear career path.
- Possible trainings with international specialists.
- Training & development opportunities within company.
- Competitive salary with cafeteria benefits.