Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Common Software Foundation organization, part of Nokia Cloud and Network Services division is looking for motivated software professional for Senior Software Engineer position with DevOps skills to work on development of software reusable framework consisting of individual components and integrated blueprints, covering specific deployment architectures or software domains.
Main Responsibility Area
Youll be working on development of projects and automation of CI/CD processes in PaaS. Working in Agile team environment and working in all phases of the development lifecycle, from analysis to release.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and outstanding personal drive, customer focus and accountability for results. They must be self motivated and able to work independently.
Knowledge of some or all of the following areas is essential:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Service oriented architecture Skills
- Application Integration Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Engineering, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Software Technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of programming in Shell, Bash, Groovy, Python, Ansible
- talent for writing clean, readable code
- familiarity with design and architecture patterns for enterprise software applications
- experience with automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery (DevOps)
- have experience on developer tools (Jenkins, gradle, mvn, Gerrit/git)
- knowledge of the open source ecosystem
- knowledge of Linux/Unix OS (command line)
- good teamwork and communication skills
- good spoken and written English
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- have experience on Kubernetes and related technologies - docker, helm, K8s, OpenStack
- experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud...) is a plus
- knowledge of cloud deployment models (IaaS, PaaS)
- experience with Agile
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.