Come create the technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides an array of “gigabit to the home” solutions to deliver data access to our communication service provider (CSP) customers. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
What you will learn and contribute to
The Applied R&D Engineer conducts target-oriented research to directly apply findings to the specification, design, further development, and incremental improvement of products, services, systems, tools, processes, etc. Integrates, verifies, tests, and modifies SW / HW / system components and capitalizes on innovative solutions to meet requirements and specifications.
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for a Java R&D Engineer skilled in Java (and/or Python) and network programming. We are looking for people who are seeking for knowledge and skills in the field of new technologies, wanting to know the latest solutions.
We are looking for people willing to work in a team that deals with the implementation of Software Defined Network (SDN) solutions in area of Broadband.
Working on SDN projects allows you to acquire knowledge not only in the field of programming, but also in telecommunication, especially in Broadband area. It also involves working with environments dealing with Open Source software.
Working in our team, you will learn about the latest software solutions used in managing telecommunication and telecom devices.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Obtains knowledge on the Fixed Networks technology domains like SDAN, test automation technologies like test-driven development and test automation frameworks like Robot Framework. Professional Services is working typically around use cases to link and leverage the technology domain with the Services Innovations & applications. Examples are GPON E2E Network Build Control Management, G.Fast Implementation, OSS Integration, Fixed Access Network Slicing and Wireless PON Implementation.
- Develops software for SDAN solutions.
- Writes test cases to check and automate functionalities in existing environment.
Your skills and experience
Expertise and experience on new Software and Telecommunications application domains/concepts covering:
- Highly experienced minimum in one of the programming languages: Java and/or Python
- Highly experienced in GIT (Gerrit)
- Solid knowledge of Robot framework (or different test automation framework),
- Solid knowledge of Maven and pom files,
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux programming and administration,
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Analysis,
- Nokia product Altiplano, ISAM
- NetConf protocol and Yang models concept
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Git CI&CD (Jenkins)
- Confluence and Jira tools
- Have academic background about Telecommunication or Software Programming.
- Individual Contributor performs day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives.
- Analytical mindset, capable of combining and analyzing information from several different sources.
- Applied agile practices in software development.
- Good in reading documentation (in English)
- Requires ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.